About this webinar
This webinar will cover all aspects of Regulation Crowdfunding (Reg CF) from the rules (including November 2020 amendments), choosing a financial instrument, portal economics, how the industry has evolved since its 2016 inception, and why it’s crucial for companies to hire legal representation to guide them through the process.
In this webinar, attendees will learn the following:
- Equity crowdfunding is a new and exciting way to decentralize capital raising, meld existing (or future) customers with investors, and distinguish successful companies in the marketplace.
- The industry has grown exponentially in the past year and new rules effective March 15, 2021, provide opportunities for companies to compliment or bypass more traditional capital-raising methods.
- But the process is complicated, it involves securities transactions worth potentially millions of dollars. Companies choosing the wrong portal or financial instrument can lock themselves into bad deals that thwart company progress.
- During and after a successful raise companies can encounter pitfalls with advertising rules and post-raise SEC compliance.
- Legal representation is crucial to guide companies through the process to ensure companies stay compliant and use this capital-raising tool to its maximum potential.
And much more…
Meet the speakers:
Founder and Chair, NEXT
Anthony Millin is a trusted legal and business advisor to startup and emerging growth companies. As a startup attorney, a serial entrepreneur, a venture capital partner, and the Chair of NEXT powered by Shulman Rogers, he brings a unique legal and business perspective to advising his clients. Anthony understands firsthand what it takes to start, scale and manage a company, to successfully prepare for and run a fund raising process, and to address the legal issues faced by a startup. This background provides him with valuable insights into the legal and business needs of his clients.
Senior Attorney, NEXT
Larry Bard is a highly regarded business attorney whose clients depend on his guidance in corporate finance and securities law matters, including public and private offerings, venture capital transactions and other financing transactions. He advises companies on issues of corporate governance, business planning, securities law compliance, executive compensation, commercial contracts and complex joint ventures. Larry has completed several initial public offerings for companies in the mid-Atlantic region and has extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions.
Paul H. Jossey
Principal Attorney, Jossey PLLC
Paul H. Jossey is principal attorney at Jossey PLLC, which specializes in JOBS Act capital raises. He is also founder of thecrowdfundinglawyers.com, which provides legal commentary on cryptocurrencies, equity crowdfunding, and the Securities and Exchange Commission. He authored the law review article ‘Fixing the JOBS Act and Inviting the Tokenized Future, the Need for Congressional Action,’ published in February 2021. Finally, he recently accepted an Adjunct Fellowship with the Competitive Enterprise Institute, where he will research and publish on cryptocurrency and equity crowdfunding policy.